As part of a re-development programme, Sussex County Cricket Club has installed Dorgard wireless fire door retainers at its indoor cricket school.
The system enables fire doors to be held open safely, allowing staff and visitors to move around more easily. If a fire alarm sounds, Dorgard releases fire doors to allow them to close.
A spokesperson for the club said:
“Dorgard is the perfect solution as it allows us to leave fire doors open, helping injured patients attending our Radius physiotherapy clinic, and for those using the sports hall whilst carrying large amounts of kit to enter and leave easily, but of course allowing the doors to close automatically in the event of a fire emergency.”
The wireless unit is designed to fail-to-safe, complies with BS EN 1155 and BS 7273-4 category C, and has adjustable sensitivity.
- Find out how you can generate revenue from Home Automation - a new service to provide your customers - make sense of it at IFSEC
- Learn about the changes in technology - IP, IT, IoT - find out what it is all about and how it can benefit you
- Listen to the issues end-users are facing with the industry and understand how you can provide solutions
- Stay competitive - advance your skills with free training sessions provided by Tavcom Training
- Test the latest gadgets and network with your peers in the Installer Zone - your dedicated area of the show