Computer manufacturer Lenovo has recalled nearly 200,000 computers after a fire risk in the power source was identified.
The M70Z and M90Z all-in-one ThinkCentre PC’s sold between May 2010 and March 2012 were voluntarily recalled by Lenovo following reports of two incidents involving the computer.
One of the incidents resulted in a fire, while the other was only a smoke incident.
A recall was already made for 160,000 computers in March, but this has been expanded to 188,000.
In a statement on their website, the manufacturer said ‘Lenovo has determined that due to a failure of the power supply in the affected all-in-one PCs, the system can overheat and pose a fire hazard. Lenovo has received two customer reports of fire that resulted in damage to the PC.
‘Lenovo recommends that you should immediately stop using the affected desktop PC, and unplug the power cord. Only certain of the ThinkCentre M90z and M70z PCs sold in this timeframe are affected, and all of the affected systems can be identified by machine type and serial number.
‘Effective immediately, Lenovo is offering free power-supply replacements for all affected ThinkCentre M90z and ThinkCentre M70z all-in-one desktop PCs.’
Customers who might be affected by the recall are advised to visit www.lenovo.com/aiopsurecall.
Download this exclusive report to see how security, safety, facilities and fire functions come together to protect and manage the Royal Albert Hall, Crossrail, British Museum and ExCeL London.