IFSEC Global has confirmed a stellar line-up for this year’s judging panel for the ‘Top influencers in security and fire 2018’.
Lead judge Grant Lecky, co-founder of the Security Partners Forum, has appointed a diverse range of respected industry experts and thought leaders to the panel of judges and will coordinate the nominations and judging process.
Don Randall MBE, Mike Howard of Microsoft and Baroness Neville-Jones, chair of the British Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC) are three of the 30 judges included on the list.
Scroll down to find out who else is on the panel.
Lecky, who himself featured in IFSEC Global’s list of top influencers in 2014 and 2017, said upon his appointment as lead judge: “I want to thank IFSEC for this great honour and privilege of serving in this capacity. Having won my share of awards and accolades – including having been named to the IFSEC Global Most Influential list on more than one occasion – I think now is the perfect time to ‘send the elevator back down’, so to speak, and help highlight those across the UK and the rest of world who are making a difference in the security and fire domains.”
As with last year, nominations only count if accompanied by a reason for the nomination. There is a word limit of roughly 400 words. The three most persuasive nominations will each win a £100 Amazon voucher. Our panel of judges, drawn from across the industry and barred from featuring in the list themselves, will then draw up final rankings based on the nominations and their own judgement.
You can network with some of the influencers during a meet-and-greet session during IFSEC International, 19-21 June 2018, ExCeL London – details to be confirmed.
Judging panel 2018
Lead judge: Grant Lecky
Grant, an Expert Network Member (Risk & Resilience) at the World Economic Forum, won no fewer than five prestigious accolades last year alone, including a spot on the Canadian Who’s Who and an Outstanding Achievement in Global Cybersecurity (OAGCS) Award from the Ontario College of Management and Technology.
As well being named the 10th most influential professional in the security management category in IFSEC Global’s 2017 rankings (and 12th overall in 2014), Grant was included in Security Magazine’s Most Influential People in Security in 2012.
View Grant’s LinkedIn profile to find out about his other accolades and accomplishments.
Don Randall MBE, senior adviser, Pilgrims Group
Security management, cybersecurity UK
Baroness Neville-Jones, chairman, British Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC)
Security management UK, cybersecurity UK
Carol Osler, Senior VP & head of financial crimes, fraud management, enterprise project management, TD Bank Financial Group
Security executives, security management international, cybersecurity international
Francisco Poley Herrera, security director, European Federation of Security Directors
Security executives, installers/integrators, security management international
Dr Robert Docherty, MD, Flame Risk Solutions
Categories of influencers
- Commercial security – manufacturers/vendors
- Commercial security – end users (ie heads of security, directors of security, etc)
- Commercial security – association figures, academics, thought leaders
- Commercial security – Security executives
- Fire – manufacturers
- Fire – industry professionals or thought leaders, eg risk assessors, consultants etc
- Cybersecurity professionals and thought leaders
- Installers – fire and security
How do we define influential?
This could be anyone:
- Who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards/guidance or best practice
- Someone whose insights/opinions are widely respected and which are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
Installers (fire and security)
The criteria for installers is slightly different, being an individual – not a company – who has done some or all of the following:
- Consistently provided exceptional customer service
- Delivered a particular project, or many projects, to exceptionally high standards
- Been an innovator (eg, cutting average installation times/costs through adoption of new tech or change of process)
- Played a pivotal role in the success of their company (whether that is growing revenues, market share or reputation for excellence)
- Played a pivotal role in their company’s diversification into new markets (eg IP, home automation, fire, etc)
The results will be announced in the IFSEC Security Briefing (which you can register for here) during May 2018.
IFSEC International 2018
Join IFSEC Global live at Europe's only dedicated integrated security event. Register for free.
Meet over 600 exhibitors, test more than 10,000 of the latest security products, and discover best practice and future trends in an unrivaled seminar programme.
- Frank Gardner to chair the Keynote Arena
- Former US Secretary of Homeland Security to take Keynote stage
- Live attack testing in the LPCB/BRE Global Attack Zone
- Your chance to get hands on with the latest security innovations thanks to the brand new Show Me How feature