A technological revolution has spurred a migration across Europe from legacy analogue CCTV to networked video solutions that provide immediate and significant benefits to a range of sectors – none more so than in protecting critical transport systems.
As the UK struggles to keep pace, Axis Communications has put together a white paper putting the commercial and security case for protecting transport infrastructures with IP camera and audio technology.
Downloadable for free (just click the button on the right-hand side) this white paper from the video surveillance pioneer covers:
- Factors driving the shift across Europe to real-time video surveillance and how operators use it to assist in decision-making, from common scenarios to critical emergencies
- How advances in network video cameras and content analytics technology have enabled the effective live monitoring of many locations by relatively few operators
- How smart camera software, such as improved WDR and low light capability, is improving transport security by enhancing image quality to optimise forensic usability
- How Axis technology partners can take IP camera technology into the realms of intelligence, helping to alert operators to unusual patterns and potential incidents in real-time
- The core challenges and barriers to adoption in the UK rail sector and how to build the business case
- How Axis’ focus on following cybersecurity best practice with its partners and integrators can help alleviate the threat of unauthorised access to a network